About Medical Transcription Careers in Charlotte
Medical transcription involves compiling medical reports or correspondence from recordings made by healthcare professionals such as doctors and therapists. Medical transcriptionists listen to the recordings and type reports such as discharge summaries, progress reports, medical histories and other correspondence. The transcriptionist corrects any grammatical errors and edits reports for clarity. Medical transcriptionists in Charlotte must be able to provide accurate reports since the information is often used for treatment planning and becomes a part of the patient or client’s permanent record.
The Career Outlook for Medical Transcriptionists
The career outlook for this profession is very good, considering the vast number of settings where transcriptionists may be employed. Medical transcriptionists may be employed by hospitals, physician’s offices, clinics, health departments, mental health centers, nursing homes and other settings. There are also opportunities to work at home. Independent medical transcriptionists can work for companies that permit transcription to be done from a home based office.
Pay for Medical Transcriptionists
The pay for medical transcriptionists ranges from $10.00 per hour to $17.00 per hour depending upon the setting and geographical location. Some transcriptionists earn $40,000 or more per year. Transcriptionists may also be paid by the number of lines transcribed. This usually applies to those who work independently.
Medical Transcription Schools in or near Charlotte
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
Keiser University eCampus Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online? Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
From admissions to faculty, our staff is dedicated to student care:
- One-class-at-a-time scheduling. Instead of juggling multiple assignments and exams, take one class for four weeks before moving on.
- Small classes with accessible staff and faculty that foster a student-centered learning community
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology and user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources that include information and access to all student services
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Military friendly. Keiser University offers scholarships to qualified veterans, active-duty military personnel and their dependents. Keiser is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant and approved for veterans training.
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and a valued choice for career-motivated students. Keiser University Online offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to its students and alumni. We research trends for growing fields and tailor our curriculum to prepare students for entry and advancement to rewarding careers.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
(Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)