Accurate medical records are needed to ensure the best possible medical care. Medical Transcriptionists are an essential link in the chain of quality health care delivery. The need for Medical Transcriptionists is expected to grow through 2018 due to a growing aging population needing ever more healthcare. The average annual salary for a Medical Records Transcriptionist in Cincinnati is over $32,000. Cincinnati and the surrounding area is a good location to start a career in Medical Transcription. The Cincinnati Metropolitan Area has several companies that provide Medical Transcription services to area healthcare providers. Locally there over 30 hospitals and hundreds of healthcare providers that require transcription services. Medical Transcriptionists are also working at Cincinnati-area hospitals, clinics and physician offices. Besides the opportunities these employers provide, many Medical Transcriptionists are even working from home!
Medical Transcription Schools in or near Cincinnati
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
Keiser University eCampus Online
For more than 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, career-focused education in fields such as health care, business, criminal justice and information technology. Our one-class-at-a-time schedules allow busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family. Whether you choose to attend online, on campus, or both you will be part of a caring learning environment led by experienced faculty who bring textbooks to life with real-world challenges and solutions. Our unique combination of a curriculum that is in pace with technology and the skills employers value along with our “students first” approach provides an outstanding academic experience.
Why Keiser University Online
Online Convenience to Help You Achieve Your Goals
From faculty to admissions, our staff is dedicated to your success.
- Accessible faculty and staff with small classes to ensure personalized attention for each student
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology in a user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources with access to all student services, including registration, instructional materials and an online library system with a wide range of academic journals, e-books, streaming videos, print titles and research databases
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools1
- Financial aid and scholarships available for those who qualify
- Military-friendly and committed to serving active members of the military, veterans and their families, with scholarships available for those who qualify.
- Approved for veterans training
- Transfer credits accepted subject to university approval
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and is a valued choice for career-motivated students. We offer associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in fields that are in demand, and we provide job placement assistance to students and alumni.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
1 Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
Medical Transcription Training is available in Cincinnati
Training is necessary to receive these jobs and achieve success as a Medical Transcriptionist. A formal education exposes the prospective Medical Transcriptionist to the variety of procedures, skills and technologies encountered in the field. The most common credential held by beginning MTs is Registered Medical Transcriptionist (RMT). Credentials in Medical Transcription are achieved through standardized testing. Both Certificate and Degree programs prepare Cincinnati residents for these tests and a Medical Transcription career. Choose from one of the local campus-based options below, or one of the the several on-line schools listed below that allow you to study from home.
(Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)