Accurate medical records are needed to ensure the best possible medical care. Medical Transcriptionists are an essential link in the chain of quality health care delivery. The need for Medical Transcriptionists is expected to grow through 2018 due to a growing aging population needing ever more healthcare. The average annual salary for a Medical Records Transcriptionist in Cincinnati is over $32,000. Cincinnati and the surrounding area is a good location to start a career in Medical Transcription. The Cincinnati Metropolitan Area has several companies that provide Medical Transcription services to area healthcare providers. Locally there over 30 hospitals and hundreds of healthcare providers that require transcription services. Medical Transcriptionists are also working at Cincinnati-area hospitals, clinics and physician offices. Besides the opportunities these employers provide, many Medical Transcriptionists are even working from home!
Medical Transcription Schools in or near Cincinnati
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Sullivan University is a private college or university, offering higher education for people with higher goals. At Sullivan University, we focus on in-demand programs that lead to successful careers. Whether you’re a high school student considering college for the first time, an adult returning to school or someone seeking professional development, you’ll be surprised at the variety and range of alternatives Sullivan University offers. We offer programs designed to fit into your life, whether you prefer day, evening or online classes – or some combination – we work hard to help you get what you need. We offer everything from certificates and diplomas to advanced degrees, so no matter what your timeline may be, we have the program to fit. Since our founding over fifty years ago, the goal of Sullivan University has been to prepare students for success, and over the decades, we’ve built up an impressive record in achieving that goal. Our course offerings have continually evolved to meet the real, practical needs of the business world and our work continues even after a student has graduated, with unlimited employment assistance to help graduates find jobs nationwide. Find out what makes Sullivan the right fit for you!
Sullivan University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, master’s, and doctorate degrees.
Keiser University eCampus Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
From admissions to faculty, our staff is dedicated to student care:
- One-class-at-a-time scheduling. Instead of juggling multiple assignments and exams, take one class for four weeks before moving on.
- Small classes with accessible staff and faculty that foster a student-centered learning community
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology and user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources that include information and access to all student services
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Military friendly. Keiser University offers scholarships to qualified veterans, active-duty military personnel and their dependents. Keiser is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant and is approved for veterans training.
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and a valued choice for career-motivated students. Keiser University Online offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to its students and alumni. We research trends for growing fields and tailor our curriculum to prepare students for entry and advancement to rewarding careers.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
Medical Transcription Training is available in Cincinnati
Training is necessary to receive these jobs and achieve success as a Medical Transcriptionist. A formal education exposes the prospective Medical Transcriptionist to the variety of procedures, skills and technologies encountered in the field. The most common credential held by beginning MTs is Registered Medical Transcriptionist (RMT). Credentials in Medical Transcription are achieved through standardized testing. Both Certificate and Degree programs prepare Cincinnati residents for these tests and a Medical Transcription career. Choose from one of the local campus-based options below, or one of the the several on-line schools listed below that allow you to study from home.
(Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)