The medical transcription schools in New York City have several programs available to provide you with quality medical transcription education. In the Empire State, you can join one of the thousands of transcriptionists already working in the area. When you enroll at one of the medical transcription schools in New York City, you will take part in a comprehensive training program designed to teach you all aspects of the medical transcriptionist profession. You will complete a mix of courses covering subjects like human anatomy, medical terminology, English, and more. In addition, the medical transcription schools in NYC offer you the opportunity to complete hands on training exercises where you will listen to physician recordings and practice accurately transcribing them.
Take a look at our online and traditional medical transcription schools in New York City featured below. Decide which type of training program is right for you and enroll today!
Medical Transcription Schools in New York City (NYC)
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Keiser University eCampus Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
From admissions to faculty, our staff is dedicated to student care:
- One-class-at-a-time scheduling. Instead of juggling multiple assignments and exams, take one class for four weeks before moving on.
- Small classes with accessible staff and faculty that foster a student-centered learning community
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology and user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources that include information and access to all student services
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Military friendly. Keiser University offers scholarships to qualified veterans, active-duty military personnel and their dependents. Keiser is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant and is approved for veterans training.
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and a valued choice for career-motivated students. Keiser University Online offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to its students and alumni. We research trends for growing fields and tailor our curriculum to prepare students for entry and advancement to rewarding careers.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
Medical Transcriptionists in New York City
The medical transcription job description varies from one career to the next, but generally concerns listening to and transcribing physician recordings. These transcriptions go on to become official records in a patient’s medical history. At the medical transcription schools in New York City, you will hone your listening and writing skills while at the same time brushing up on medical terminology and healthcare procedures.
When you begin your career as a medical transcriptionist, you will have several options to choose from. For example, some medical transcriptionists choose to work from home, while others work in healthcare facilities. In addition, some transcriptionists are self-employed and others work for companies that specialize in medical transcription. The medical transcription schools in New York City will prepare you for all types of careers as a medical transcriptionist.
New York City Medical Transcription Training
The medical transcription schools in New York City offer a variety of coursework and training programs to teach you all aspects of the medical transcription job. By beginning with courses like medical terminology, human anatomy, healthcare documentation, you will learn the ins and outs of the medical community. The medical transcription schools in NYC also offer supervised on the job training where you can practice transcribing actual physician recordings.
In addition to the courses you will take at the medical transcription schools in New York City, you can also seek a medical transcription certificate. Offered by the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity, the Registered Medical Transcriptionist and Certified Medical Transcriptionist certifications are a great way to boost your resume and improve your chances of finding a well-paying job.
New York City Medical Transcription Salary
Once you earn your degree from one of the medical transcription schools in New York City, you will be in a State where almost 4,000 transcriptionists are already working. In addition, the New York City metropolitan area has one of the highest concentrations of medical transcriptionists in the entire country. Currently, the average medical transcription salary in New York City is $34,850 per year, which closely matches the national average. Some of the medical transcription schools in New York City offer career services to help you find an internship, prepare you resume, and apply for jobs.
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.