When you enroll in one of the medical transcription schools in Orlando, you will have the opportunity to take part in an excellent education program. No matter where you want to end up working, the medical transcription schools in Orlando have the quality teachers, classes, and resources needed to help you become a skilled medical transcriptionist. In addition, Florida has the second highest amount of medical transcription jobs in the country, so you will be in a prime location to begin a career upon completing your medical transcription training.
Below you will find our selection of medical transcription schools in Orlando. Take some time to explore each medical transcription school and decide which one is right for you!
Medical Transcription Schools in or near Orlando, FL
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Southern Technical College
Whether you need to upgrade your skills or change careers, Southern Technical College has the right program to fit your needs. Let us show you how to get the skills you need in a short amount of time so that you can get into a new career fast!
What makes Southern Technical College for you?
- Convenient Locations
- Financial Assistance For Those Who Qualify
- Hands-On Training
- Small Classes/Individualized Attention
- Career Placement Assistance
- Morning or Evening Classes Available
Why Choose Southern Technical College:
- Industry Experienced Instructors
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools
- Licensed by the Commission for Independent Education, Florida Department of Education
Financial Assistance and Availability
The financial aid team at Southern Technical College is committed to helping you find ways to finance your education. Our team is trained to help you overcome the financial obstacles that may be standing in the way of your education.
Southern Technical College participates in several of the U.S. Department of Education’s Federal Financial Aid Programs, which are generally available to those who qualify. Visit www.studentaid.ed.gov for more information, learn more about the types of financial aid available, and consumer information, or contact your local campus to speak member of our financial aid team
Career Placement Assistance
Our career service advisors can help you with resume writing, interviewing skills, employer contacts, and the latest job search techniques. We have years of experience in helping graduates gain employment in great jobs with great companies, and we are ready to help you, too! We cannot guarantee your success, but STC has an excellent record of helping graduates find and keep jobs in their field of study. Success after graduation depends on many factors, and we are here to help you along the way!
Medical Transcriptionists in Orlando
At the medical transcription schools in Orlando, you will learn and practice all facets of the medical transcription job description. As a working medical transcriptionist, your main task will be to listen to recordings made by doctors and other healthcare professionals. While listening, you must quickly and accurately type a transcript of what is being said. Afterwards, these transcripts will become official medical files and stored in patient records.
The medical transcription schools in Orlando will also prepare you for other aspects of the job. For example, with the advance of modern technology, there is now computer software available that can automatically record the words said on an audio file. As a transcriptionist, you may be tasked with reading over these documents and checking for spelling and grammatical errors. In order to do this, you must have a thorough knowledge of the English language, in addition to a working knowledge of medical terms and procedures.
Orlando Medical Transcription Training
During your time at the medical transcription schools in Orlando, you will complete a wide variety of coursework. There are two primary aspects of the medical transcription job. On one hand, you must be well versed in complex medical terms pertaining to human anatomy, diseases, and medicine. On the other hand, you need a thorough understanding of the English language, as well as advanced typing skills. The medical transcription schools in Orlando will prepare you for these aspects of the job, as well as many others.
After you complete your training at one of the medical transcription schools in Orlando, your education is not necessarily over. Administered by the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity, there are two different medical transcription certifications you can earn. By becoming certified, you may have more career opportunities and job mobility. The medical transcription schools in Orlando can provide you with more information about certification.
Orlando Medical Transcription Salary
Upon earning your degree from one of the medical transcription schools in Orlando, it will be time to find your first medical transcription job. The average medical transcription salary in Orlando is approximately $33,420 per year, which is slightly higher than the national average. Most Orlando medical transcription schools have job placement services for graduates or programs that will help you prepare for the field. Check with your enrollment offices for more details.
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.