Philadelphia – The City of Brotherly Love. It’s also the city where people love to be medical transcriptionists. Philly has the fourth largest employment level for medical transcriptionists in the country with 1,340 currently employed in area hospitals, doctors’ offices or working from home. Perhaps one day you may be one of them; maybe sooner than you think. There are medical transcription schools in Philadelphia eager to enroll new students today! A medical transcription takes down, transcribes and edits verbal dictation. Their services are considered so essential that they are in constant demand in busy hospitals, private physicians’ offices, and some even have the privilege of working in the privacy of their own home. The mean annual pay rate for medical transcriptionists is $38,460 a year with the potential for making up to $46,000. Would you like a job like that, where you can call the shots, be your own boss? Then medical transcription is the way to go! But in order to be in future demand for such a prestigious job, you need qualified training. Use the list below to find a medical transcription school in Philadelphia or nearby that works best for you!
Medical Transcription Schools in Philadelphia, PA
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
McCann School of Business & Technology
You’ll Love Our Flexible Program Options
Not everyone can devote an entire day to classwork. Some students work full- or part-time jobs while others have children and families to care for. We realize that life can be busy and hectic, so we developed flexible programs that allow students to attend classes at times that are convenient for them.
If you’re looking for flexible career programs, look no further than McCann. We can help you earn an ASB/AST Degree or Diploma without giving up your job or sacrificing time with your family.
Keiser University eCampus Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online? Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
From admissions to faculty, our staff is dedicated to student care:
- One-class-at-a-time scheduling. Instead of juggling multiple assignments and exams, take one class for four weeks before moving on.
- Small classes with accessible staff and faculty that foster a student-centered learning community
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology and user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources that include information and access to all student services
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Military friendly. Keiser University offers scholarships to qualified veterans, active-duty military personnel and their dependents. Keiser is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant and approved for veterans training.
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and a valued choice for career-motivated students. Keiser University Online offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to its students and alumni. We research trends for growing fields and tailor our curriculum to prepare students for entry and advancement to rewarding careers.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
(Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)