If you are interested in becoming a professional medical transcriptionist, there are excellent education opportunities available at the medical transcription schools in Phoenix. By enrolling in a medical transcription training program, you will learn everything you need to know about becoming a quality transcriptionist. The medical transcription schools in Phoenix will teach you how to quickly and accurately transcribe official medical documents based on recordings made by healthcare professionals.
Browse our list below of accredited medical transcription schools in the Phoenix area and choose the one that best suits your needs!
Medical Transcription Schools in or near Phoenix, AZ
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Arizona College prepares students to work in the “real world” of medicine. With the use of lecture and laboratory teaching, we provide our students with hands on experience. Arizona College also provides job placement services including interview techniques and preparing resumes.
Students at Arizona College can take advantage of many benefits. Arizona College students can get their resumes updated and receive job placement assistance at no charge. Whether looking for a part-time “survival” job while going through school, hoping for the right externship or looking for placement upon graduation, career development is available to help students through their search.
Keiser University eCampus Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
From admissions to faculty, our staff is dedicated to student care:
- One-class-at-a-time scheduling. Instead of juggling multiple assignments and exams, take one class for four weeks before moving on.
- Small classes with accessible staff and faculty that foster a student-centered learning community
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology and user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources that include information and access to all student services
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Military friendly. Keiser University offers scholarships to qualified veterans, active-duty military personnel and their dependents. Keiser is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant and is approved for veterans training.
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and a valued choice for career-motivated students. Keiser University Online offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to its students and alumni. We research trends for growing fields and tailor our curriculum to prepare students for entry and advancement to rewarding careers.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
Medical Transcriptionists in Phoenix
At the medical transcription schools in Phoenix, you will gain the skills needed to become proficient in the field of medical transcription. Once you begin working, your primary duty will be to listen to recordings made by physicians and type them into written reports. Other tasks associated with the medical transcription job description include organizing medical reports and checking transcriptions for spelling and grammar mistakes.
Once you begin your career as a transcriptionist, you will have to make several choices. For example, you might want to become self-employed or you may end up working for a company that hires medical transcriptionists. You will also have to choose the type of work environment that best suits you. Some transcriptionists work from home, while others work in medical care centers. The Phoenix medical transcription schools will prepare you for these types of jobs and more.
Phoenix Medical Transcription Training
The training you receive at the medical transcription schools in Phoenix will be diverse and comprehensive. As a transcriptionist, you will need to be well versed in complex medical terms and abbreviations in order to understand physician recordings. To prepare you for this, you will take classes like human anatomy, medical terminology, and others that are designed to give you an introduction to the world of healthcare. In addition, the medical transcription schools in Phoenix will allow you to hone your transcription skills by listening to actual audio files from doctors and other medical professionals.
Once you complete your training at the medical transcription schools in Phoenix, there are still several ways you can continue your education and help make yourself stand-out from the 1,250 currently employed medical transcriptionists in Phoenix. One of the best things you can do is seek medical transcription certification. There are two different certification exams available, both administered by the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity. Depending on which one of the medical transcription schools in Phoenix you attend, your education program may offer practice tests to prepare you for certification.
Phoenix Medical Transcription Salary
With your degree from one of the medical transcription schools in Phoenix, you will be ready to begin your exciting career as a transcriptionist. Currently, the average medical transcription salary for workers in the Phoenix area is approximately $36,460 per year, higher than the national average. In addition, Phoenix has one of the highest concentrations of medical transcription workers when compared to other metropolitan areas. This means that you will have many opportunities to begin working immediately after graduating from one of the medical transcription schools in Phoenix. You can contact any of the accredited Phoenix medical transcription schools for more information about careers and training.
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.