According to recent government reports, Pittsburgh area medical transcriptionists can earn a mean annual wage of $32,560 with plenty of potential for income growth. The best way to start your career as a Pittsburgh transcriptionist is by attending a medical transcription school in Pittsburgh. Use the list below to find the campus school that works best for you.
Medical Transcription Schools in Pittsburgh, PA
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
Keiser University eCampus Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online? Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
From admissions to faculty, our staff is dedicated to student care:
- One-class-at-a-time scheduling. Instead of juggling multiple assignments and exams, take one class for four weeks before moving on.
- Small classes with accessible staff and faculty that foster a student-centered learning community
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology and user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources that include information and access to all student services
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Military friendly. Keiser University offers scholarships to qualified veterans, active-duty military personnel and their dependents. Keiser is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant and approved for veterans training.
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and a valued choice for career-motivated students. Keiser University Online offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to its students and alumni. We research trends for growing fields and tailor our curriculum to prepare students for entry and advancement to rewarding careers.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
Financial Aid for Medical Transcription Courses in Pittsburgh
Grants, scholarships and loans are the three categories of potential financial help for the cost of your tuition. What type of school you attend its location be it in the city or in a rural community and details about yourself are all factors that will contribute to your eligibility for aid. The Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency [PHEAA] is the first resource your financial advisor will check. There are many potential grants available and all have different criteria covering a broad range of student situations. You will also fill out the 2009-2010 Free Application for Federal Student Aid [FAFFS] which will approach US Government programs that may provide partial, 100% or loan assistance depending on the students’ situation.
(Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)