At the medical transcription schools in Portland you can learn everything you need to know about beginning a career as a medical transcriptionist. Your coursework will involve a combination of subjects such as medical terminology and human anatomy, in addition to English and grammar classes. Below you will find our list of featured medical transcription schools in Portland. Take some time to explore each medical transcription school and enroll in the one that best suits your needs.
Medical Transcription Schools in or near Portland
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Keiser University eCampus Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
From admissions to faculty, our staff is dedicated to student care:
- One-class-at-a-time scheduling. Instead of juggling multiple assignments and exams, take one class for four weeks before moving on.
- Small classes with accessible staff and faculty that foster a student-centered learning community
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology and user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources that include information and access to all student services
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Military friendly. Keiser University offers scholarships to qualified veterans, active-duty military personnel and their dependents. Keiser is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant and is approved for veterans training.
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and a valued choice for career-motivated students. Keiser University Online offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to its students and alumni. We research trends for growing fields and tailor our curriculum to prepare students for entry and advancement to rewarding careers.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
Medical Transcriptionists in Portland
All of the medical transcription schools in Portland will cover every aspect of the medical transcription job description. While your specific duties will vary from one job to the next, the main role of a medical transcriptionist is to listen to physician recordings and transcribe them into written documents. These documents are stored in patient records and go on to become a part of their official medical history. You will use the training you receive at the medical transcription schools in Portland to interpret abbreviations and terms used by physicians in order to create an accurate report.
The medical transcription job description has slowly changed over the years with the advent of new technology. Today, there are computer programs that can automatically transcribe recordings without the input of a person needed. However, this software is not always accurate, and transcriptionists are still needed to double check reports and correct errors. In addition, the medical transcription schools in Portland will prepare you for other aspects of the job including submitting and filing reports and following patient confidentiality guidelines.
Portland Medical Transcription Training
Between a variety of classes and hands on training, the medical transcription schools in Portland will train you how to excel as a medical transcriptionist. To prepare you for the job, the medical transcription schools in Portland offer coursework involving medical terms and healthcare documentation. This will allow you to understand the words and abbreviations physicians use while making reports. Most importantly, you will hone your transcribing skills by listening to actual physician recordings throughout the course of your education.
After graduating from one of the medical transcription schools in Portland, you can continue your education by earning a medical transcription certificate. There are two different certification exams offered by the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity:
- The Registered Medical Transcriptionist (RMT)
- The Certified Medical Transcriptionist (CMT)
Contact the medical transcription schools in Portland for more information about these certification exams and others. You can also refer to the official website for the AHDI for more details.
Portland Medical Transcription Salary
After earning your degree from one of the medical transcription schools in Portland, you will be right in the middle of an area with a higher than average medical transcription salary. Currently in Portland, medical transcriptionists are making an average of $40,440 per year which is significantly higher than the national average. In addition, there are almost 500 medical transcriptionists already working in the immediate area, and you could be one of them. For more information about careers, contact the Portland medical transcription school that is best for you.
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.