There are several medical transcription schools in St. Louis and the surrounding cities, any of which can help you plan for a lucrative career in the field of medical transcription. Medical transcriptionists convert the audio-recorded notes of physicians into hard documents that are then included in official hospital medical records. St. Louis medical transcription schools offer the training necessary to join this high-growth career field.
Browse the list below to see what St. Louis medical transcription schools are enrolling near you.
Medical Transcription Schools in or near St. Louis
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
Keiser University eCampus Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online? Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
From admissions to faculty, our staff is dedicated to student care:
- One-class-at-a-time scheduling. Instead of juggling multiple assignments and exams, take one class for four weeks before moving on.
- Small classes with accessible staff and faculty that foster a student-centered learning community
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology and user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources that include information and access to all student services
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Military friendly. Keiser University offers scholarships to qualified veterans, active-duty military personnel and their dependents. Keiser is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant and approved for veterans training.
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and a valued choice for career-motivated students. Keiser University Online offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to its students and alumni. We research trends for growing fields and tailor our curriculum to prepare students for entry and advancement to rewarding careers.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
American InterContinental University
You’re serious about success. Especially when it comes to pursuing an associate, bachelors or master’s degree you need to move your career forward. AIU is the Serious U, and with your busy schedule, we understand that it’s hard work finding the time to work hard. At AIU you get pacing options that work around you and a 24/7 support system by phone, email or live chat. Our classes are taught by industry specialists who bring their real-world perspective to the classroom and will work with you one-on-one when you need it.
With AIU’s accredited personalized education, we give you customized course content that allows you to read, watch, or listen based on how you learn best. At AIU, the Serious U, you can get in, get moving, and get ahead.
- Powerful specialized curriculum
- More courses devoted to your field of interest, on average than at other similar schools
- Virtual Campus
- Study anywhere, anytime and the way you learn best.
- Credit for work and military experiences to fulfill degree requirements
- Cost and value
- Our tuition includes all required books, materials, and student fees
- No application cost
- AIU Milestone Grant rewards your success
Ultimate Medical Academy
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school-and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
About Medical Transcription Careers in St. Louis
Whether you have graduated high school, or you have been working towards your general education diploma, the medical field can provide you with great career opportunities. There will always be doctors, hospitals, and health care. Becoming a medical transcriptionist at a St. Louis medical transcription school may be a good idea for something you can make of your life.
Depending on what type of facility you will be working in, your annual medical transcriptionist salary will still average at a fairly good rate. Your average annual salary will be around $32,170 per year. After a few years of practice, you may be promoted to the supervisor where you could be averaging an annual salary of $42,000.
In any economic climate, medical transcription schools are definitely a sure fire way to boost and build your career. They will help you enroll as quick as possible and help you to better yourself and be well on your way to a great career! Enjoy your journey to a career that will last you your lifetime and support all your needs.
(Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)