Tampa medical transcription schools offer career-oriented training for medical transcriptionists, providing the skills needed to accurately and efficiently transcribe medical notes into official hospital records.
Medical transcription is a unique skill that requires that one be skilled in the art of accurately transcribing dictation, understanding complex medical terms and working with current transcription equipment. Medical transcription schools in Tampa can help you prepare for this lucrative career path.
See what medical transcription schools in Tampa or nearby are enrolling today.
Medical Transcription Schools in Tampa, FL
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
At Keiser University, you will find a warm, friendly community with faculty and staff truly committed to your success. Our small class sizes, individualized attention, and one-class-at-a-time schedules create a positive learning environment where you can excel. Whether your goal is to prepare for a new career or to advance with your current employer, Keiser University is designed around your needs.
Keiser University Advantage
- Associate, Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree programs
- Day, Evening, and Online Classes
- Financial Aid to Those Who Qualify
- Job Placement Assistance Available
- Military-friendly, scholarships for qualified active duty personnel, Veterans, and dependants. Yellow Ribbon program participant, approved for Veterans training
Programs and delivery format vary by campus. Courses are subject to change.
We help you find your new career
Our Department of Student Services will support you in your job search and help you achieve your career goals with services including counseling, assisting you with resume preparation, building a cover letter, and developing your interviewing skills.
Although Keiser University provides placement assistance, we cannot promise or guarantee employment.
Keiser University’s programs and curriculum remain in-line with technology and workforce trends, helping you develop the skills and qualifications necessary to succeed in today’s job market. Our career-focused programs make it possible for you to graduate in less time than you may think.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science (Online Only)
- Associate of Arts in Health Services Administration (Online Only)
- Bachelor of Arts in Health Services Administration (Online Only)
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding (Online)
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Southern Technical College
Whether you need to upgrade your skills or change careers, Southern Technical College has the right program to fit your needs. Let us show you how to get the skills you need in a short amount of time so that you can get into a new career fast!
What makes Southern Technical College for you?
- Convenient Locations
- Financial Assistance For Those Who Qualify
- Hands-On Training
- Small Classes/Individualized Attention
- Career Placement Assistance
- Morning or Evening Classes Available
Why Choose Southern Technical College:
- Industry Experienced Instructors
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools
- Licensed by the Commission for Independent Education, Florida Department of Education
Financial Assistance and Availability
The financial aid team at Southern Technical College is committed to helping you find ways to finance your education. Our team is trained to help you overcome the financial obstacles that may be standing in the way of your education.
Southern Technical College participates in several of the U.S. Department of Education’s Federal Financial Aid Programs, which are generally available to those who qualify. Visit www.studentaid.ed.gov for more information, learn more about the types of financial aid available, and consumer information, or contact your local campus to speak member of our financial aid team
Career Placement Assistance
Our career service advisors can help you with resume writing, interviewing skills, employer contacts, and the latest job search techniques. We have years of experience in helping graduates gain employment in great jobs with great companies, and we are ready to help you, too! We cannot guarantee your success, but STC has an excellent record of helping graduates find and keep jobs in their field of study. Success after graduation depends on many factors, and we are here to help you along the way!
Florida Technical College
Your Partner in Success
At Florida Technical College, we are focused on helping you achieve your goals.
- Flexible class schedules
- Financial aid for those who qualify
- Job placement assistance
Whether you are a recent high school graduate, re-entering the workforce,or looking to explore your career options, specialized training from FTC will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
What makes Florida Technical College different?
At FTC, all classes are limited in size to ensure personalized attention. Small class sizes allow students to obtain the hands-on training needed to feel confident in their abilities. Our individualized approach to learning is also subject-focused. Most students take one course a month which allows you to focus your energy on mastering one subject before moving on to the next.
Florida Technical College offers the following programs:
- Business and Management Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Patient Care Technician
- Network Administration/Hardware with Wireless Technology
- CADD (Computer Aided Drafting Diploma)
- Computer Drafting and Design
- Web Site and Graphic Design
Programs vary by campus
Florida Technical College is an academic unit of National University College (NUC) and NUC is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)*.
The MSCHE is a regional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
*National University College (NUC) is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 (267) 284-5000. NUC’s National University College – IBC Institute (NUC-IBC), National University College – POPAC Institute (NUC-POPAC), Florida Technical College (FTC), The Digital Animation & Visual Effects School (The DAVE School), and LaSalle Computer Learning Center (LCLC) are included in this accreditation. The Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) is a regional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. February 2018