About Medical Transcription Careers in Washington DC
There are plenty of conversations that go down in Washington DC that no one wants recorded – but in the medical transcription field you can actually be rewarded for taking down dictation and recording everything you hear. Medical transcriptionists serve a very important purpose in the medical field – transcribing doctors notes and recording them in patient files to ensure that America’s patriots are getting the quality care they deserve. It might not be as important or noble as being the Commander in Chief but transcriptionists who attend medical transcription schools in Washington DC have the potential to earn a good living in a rewarding career field. Washington DC medical transcriptionists can earn anywhere in the area of $19,000-$45,650 a year depending on experience and location. (Source: U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.) Interested in exploring correspondence or online medical transcription school options?
Medical Transcription Schools in or near Washington D.C.
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
- Career Step
- Medical Transcription Editor - Certificate
Everest College offers you hands-on career education in some of America’s most established career fields. Benefits include:
- Programs that can be completed in as little as one year (when progressing at a normal rate), allowing you to get the training you need and into the work force as quickly as possible.
- Courses taught by instructors who are former industry professionals eager to provide you with practical insights into the subjects they teach.
- Flexible schedules designed to meet the needs of working adults and support systems designed to help you succeed both inside and outside the classroom.
- Career Services professionals who can help you find post-graduation employment opportunities in your area-a service you can access throughout your career.
- Everest is dedicated to your success today-and tomorrow!
- VA - Woodbridge
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)
- Medical Administrative Assistant (Diploma)
Sullivan University Online
Sullivan University is Kentucky’s largest private college or university, offering higher education for people with higher goals. At Sullivan University, we focus on in-demand programs that lead to successful careers. Whether you’re a high school student considering college, or someone seeking professional development, you’ll be surprised at the alternatives Sullivan University offers. Our streamlined programs are designed to fit into your lifestyle. With online course offerings, we work around your busy schedule to help you find a flexible plan that suits you. We offer everything from certificates and diplomas to advanced degrees so you can find a program that fits. For over 50 years, Sullivan has prepared students for lifelong success. Our course offerings have continually evolved to meet the practical needs of the business world, and our work continues with unlimited employment assistance to help graduates find jobs nationwide. Find out what makes Sullivan the right fit for you!
- Sullivan University Online
- Certificate - Medical Coding
Keiser University eCampus Online
For more than 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, career-focused education in fields such as health care, business, criminal justice and information technology. Our one-class-at-a-time schedules allow busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family. Whether you choose to attend online, on campus, or both you will be part of a caring learning environment led by experienced faculty who bring textbooks to life with real-world challenges and solutions. Our unique combination of a curriculum that is in pace with technology and the skills employers value along with our “students first” approach provides an outstanding academic experience.
Why Keiser University Online
Online Convenience to Help You Achieve Your Goals
From faculty to admissions, our staff is dedicated to your success.
- Accessible faculty and staff with small classes to ensure personalized attention for each student
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology in a user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources with access to all student services, including registration, instructional materials and an online library system with a wide range of academic journals, e-books, streaming videos, print titles and research databases
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools1
- Financial aid and scholarships available for those who qualify
- Military-friendly and committed to serving active members of the military, veterans and their families, with scholarships available for those who qualify.
- Approved for veterans training
- Transfer credits accepted subject to university approval
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and is a valued choice for career-motivated students. We offer associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in fields that are in demand, and we provide job placement assistance to students and alumni.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
1 Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
- Keiser University eCampus Online
- Associate of Arts in Health Services Administration
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
Pittsburgh Technical College
Thanks for your interest in Pittsburgh Technical College. As the marketplace continues to become more competitive, rewarding those with the right training for the job, Pittsburgh Technical College is ideally positioned to give you the skills you need to compete. In fact, you can choose to get your certificate or associate degree at our convenient North Fayette campus in several emerging industries including:
- Health Care
- Building Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Welding Technology
- Culinary Arts
In addition to a diverse, market-centered program offering and a continued commitment to hands-on training and flexible schedules, you’ll have the opportunity to take advantage of:
- Programs designed by industry insiders
- Career placement services
- An Adult-Centered Learning Environment at our Cranberry Center
- Industry-recognized certifications
- Financial aid available for those who qualify
Plus, you can receive a certificate in as little as 9 months, or an associate degree in as little as 21 months.
So go ahead, tell us a little about you, and we’ll send you some information about us.
Required is a high school diploma or GED; some programs of study require a background check or other special admissions conditions.
For graduation rates, earnings, and educational debt information, please visit us online at pti.edu/disclosures.
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Pittsburgh Technical College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSA), 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19104, 267.284.5000, (www.msche.org). MSA is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
PTC’s Medical Assisting program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board, permitting graduates to sit for their certification exam.
PTC’s Surgical Technology program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting.
PTC’s Therapeutic Massage Practitioner program meets the requirements of an Assigned School for the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.
In 2003, the Pennsylvania Secretary of Education authorized PTC to operate as a college and to award the Associate in Science degree to graduates of approved programs.
Approved for the training of state rehabilitation students
Approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in the Department of Homeland Security
Approved for the training of veterans and war orphans
Approved for the training of dislocated workers through CareerLink
G.I. Jobs designated Pittsburgh Technical College a military friendly school placing the institution in the top 15 percent of colleges and universities nationwide.
International Tutor Program Certification
PTC’s Tutoring Center is authorized to issue certificates to tutors meeting College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) requirements.
PTC is a member of The President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll.
- Medical Coding