About Medical Transcription Careers in Washington DC
There are plenty of conversations that go down in Washington DC that no one wants recorded – but in the medical transcription field you can actually be rewarded for taking down dictation and recording everything you hear. Medical transcriptionists serve a very important purpose in the medical field – transcribing doctors notes and recording them in patient files to ensure that America’s patriots are getting the quality care they deserve. It might not be as important or noble as being the Commander in Chief but transcriptionists who attend medical transcription schools in Washington DC have the potential to earn a good living in a rewarding career field. Washington DC medical transcriptionists can earn anywhere in the area of $19,000-$45,650 a year depending on experience and location. (Source: U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.) Interested in exploring correspondence or online medical transcription school options?
Medical Transcription Schools in or near Washington D.C.
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
YTI Career Institute
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon-brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
- Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
- Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
- Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
- Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
- Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
Keiser University eCampus Online
For more than 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, career-focused education in fields such as health care, business, criminal justice and information technology. Our one-class-at-a-time schedules allow busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family. Whether you choose to attend online, on campus, or both you will be part of a caring learning environment led by experienced faculty who bring textbooks to life with real-world challenges and solutions. Our unique combination of a curriculum that is in pace with technology and the skills employers value along with our “students first” approach provides an outstanding academic experience.
Why Keiser University Online
Online Convenience to Help You Achieve Your Goals
From faculty to admissions, our staff is dedicated to your success.
- Accessible faculty and staff with small classes to ensure personalized attention for each student
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology in a user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources with access to all student services, including registration, instructional materials and an online library system with a wide range of academic journals, e-books, streaming videos, print titles and research databases
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools1
- Financial aid and scholarships available for those who qualify
- Military-friendly and committed to serving active members of the military, veterans and their families, with scholarships available for those who qualify.
- Approved for veterans training
- Transfer credits accepted subject to university approval
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and is a valued choice for career-motivated students. We offer associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in fields that are in demand, and we provide job placement assistance to students and alumni.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
1 Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
Allied American University
Allied American University is a leading, nationally accredited online institution that offers several flexible certificate programs designed to help students gain the knowledge and skills necessary to obtain a career in the medical field. Allied Health Department’s certificate programs prepare students for real-world medical positions by teaching specific job functions for each program. AAU offers healthcare certificate programs in Medical Billing, Medical Coding, Medical Administrative Assisting, and Pharmacy Technician.