Medical transcriptionists play an extremely important role in healthcare administration. Without their hard work and dedication patients would not receive the care that they need. If you are considering finding work as a medical transcriptionist, consider getting your medical transcription training from one of the medical transcription schools in California. With both online and in-person courses available, there is sure to be a program at a medical transcription school in California that will work for you.
Medical Transcription Schools in California (CA)
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Keiser University eCampus Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
From admissions to faculty, our staff is dedicated to student care:
- One-class-at-a-time scheduling. Instead of juggling multiple assignments and exams, take one class for four weeks before moving on.
- Small classes with accessible staff and faculty that foster a student-centered learning community
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology and user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources that include information and access to all student services
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Military friendly. Keiser University offers scholarships to qualified veterans, active-duty military personnel and their dependents. Keiser is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant and is approved for veterans training.
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and a valued choice for career-motivated students. Keiser University Online offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to its students and alumni. We research trends for growing fields and tailor our curriculum to prepare students for entry and advancement to rewarding careers.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
Medical Transcription in California
Regardless of whether you work in a hospital, clinic, or for an insurance company, the basic medical transcription job description is the same. It is the responsibility of medical transcriptionists to listen to notes that have been recorded by doctors and to type them out with the correct grammar and punctuation added. The training you receive at one of the medical transcription schools in California will improve your typing abilities to the point that you can listen, edit, and type simultaneously. The completed documents are added to a patient’s medical history and serve as an important reference as they pursue treatment. The medical transcriptionist does not work with patients directly, but the work that they due is an integral aspect of effective healthcare administration. If this sounds appealing to you, consider enrolling in a program at one of the medical transcription schools in California.
California Medical Transcriptionist Training
Before you can begin working you will need to receive medical transcription certification. The best way to prepare yourself for certification is to complete a degree at one of the medical transcription schools in California. The training you receive at a medical transcription school in California will teach you all the skills and abilities you need to complete the certification process and begin your new career. The curriculum generally falls into two categories. The first area is typing skills. Good transcriptionists posses speed, accuracy, and critical thinking skills which allow them to transcribe efficiently. If you are not an expert typist now, don’t worry. The instructors at medical transcription schools in California can train even the clumsiest typists. The second aspect of the curriculum will teach you to recognize medical terminology like common conditions, prescription drugs, and treatment options that doctors frequently reference in their notes. Understanding what you are transcribing will help you to produce more useful documents which is why medical transcription schools in California make it such a big part of the curriculum.
California Medical Transcriptionist Salary
California is a great place to work as a medical transcriptionist because the average medical transcriptionist salary is one of the highest in the nation. You can expect to earn, on average, $42,320 per year or approximately $20.35 per hour. But in order to start earning money as a transcriptionist you will need to get training from one of the medical transcription schools in California. With schools located around the state and many offering flexible learning options, getting a degree from one of the medical transcription schools in California is more convenient than ever.
(Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
- Medical Transcription schools in Los Angeles
- Medical Transcription schools in Oakland
- Medical Transcription schools in Sacramento
- Medical Transcription schools in San Diego
- Medical Transcription schools in San Francisco
- Medical Transcription schools in San Jose
- Medical transcription schools by city
- Medical transcription schools by state
- Online medical transcription training