Prepare for a future in medical transcription by attending medical transcription training from one of the quality medical transcription schools in Florida. Once you complete your degree program you will be qualified to work in a doctor’s office, hospital, or for an insurance company anywhere in the Sunshine State. If you are looking to break into the healthcare industry, consider your options when choosing a medical transcription school in Florida. There are many choices and you are sure to find the program that is right for you.
Medical Transcription Schools in Florida (FL)
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Southeastern College Offers Career Education Designed for Working Adults
As a student at Southeastern College, you will gain the training, skills, and knowledge you need to prepare for a rewarding career in occupations such as:
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Assisting
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Pharmacy Technology
- Practical Nursing
- Surgical Technology and more
Programs vary by campus
Why Southeastern College
Our career-focused programs and flexible class schedules make Southeastern College a great choice for busy working adults. Small classes ensure personalized attention for each student, and you will gain career skills in an educational environment that simulates the workplace, so you can begin using your education immediately on the job.
- Prepare for a new career in as few as eight months
- Learn from dedicated instructors in a caring, friendly learning environment
- Financial aid is available to those who qualify
- Career placement assistance is available for graduates
Contact us today to find out more about why Southeastern College is the right choice to reach your career goals.
Southeastern College is institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges, 2101 Wilson Blvd, Suite 302, Arlington, Virginia, 22201. Further information may be obtained by contacting the Commission at (703) 247-4212.
Southern Technical College
Whether you need to upgrade your skills or change careers, Southern Technical College has the right program to fit your needs. Let us show you how to get the skills you need in a short amount of time so that you can get into a new career fast!
What makes Southern Technical College for you?
- Convenient Locations
- Financial Assistance For Those Who Qualify
- Hands-On Training
- Small Classes/Individualized Attention
- Career Placement Assistance
- Morning or Evening Classes Available
Why Choose Southern Technical College:
- Industry Experienced Instructors
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools
- Licensed by the Commission for Independent Education, Florida Department of Education
Financial Assistance and Availability
The financial aid team at Southern Technical College is committed to helping you find ways to finance your education. Our team is trained to help you overcome the financial obstacles that may be standing in the way of your education.
Southern Technical College participates in several of the U.S. Department of Education’s Federal Financial Aid Programs, which are generally available to those who qualify. Visit www.studentaid.ed.gov for more information, learn more about the types of financial aid available, and consumer information, or contact your local campus to speak member of our financial aid team
Career Placement Assistance
Our career service advisors can help you with resume writing, interviewing skills, employer contacts, and the latest job search techniques. We have years of experience in helping graduates gain employment in great jobs with great companies, and we are ready to help you, too! We cannot guarantee your success, but STC has an excellent record of helping graduates find and keep jobs in their field of study. Success after graduation depends on many factors, and we are here to help you along the way!
Medical Transcription in Florida
The basic medical transcription job description is the same no matter where in the state you work or what kind of environment you are working in. The training you receive at one of the medical transcription schools in Florida will prepare you to provide excellent transcription services anywhere. It is the job of the medical transcriptionist to turn notes recorded by doctors into documents that will be included in a patient’s medical records. They will listen to the recording and add grammar and punctuation to turn the doctor’s observations and records into typed documents that can be consulted by other healthcare professionals. Medical transcription schools in Florida will teach you all the basics of transcription and give you an excellent foundation on which to start your new career.
Florida Medical Transcriptionist Training
The road to acquiring medical transcription certification begins at one of the many medical transcription schools in Florida. Dedicated instructors will teach you all the skills of a transcriptionist and show you the necessary basics of healthcare administration. Your courses you take at your choice of medical transcription schools in Florida will fall into one of two categories. The first is typing skills. In order to produce documents efficiently, transcriptionists must be excellent typists. They must be able to listen to a recording and type what they hear with as much accuracy and as few interruptions as possible. This is tricky for even a skilled typists, but the medical transcription schools in Florida will teach you everything you need to know. The second part of the curriculum is focused on learning medical terminology and the basics of healthcare administration. You will take courses that cover medical terms used by every sort of doctor, from pediatrics to gerontology. Once you begin to understand the terms that you learn in one of the medical transcription schools in Florida, you will be able to produce expert documents quickly.
Florida Medical Transcriptionist Salary
The average medical transcription salary for a person working in Florida is $36,180 per year or $17.39 per hour. Your actual pay may vary depending on where you work, but graduates from medical transcription schools in Florida find themselves in a state with the second highest employment levels in the country for medical transcriptionists. With both online and in-person learning opportunities available at many medical transcription schools in Florida, getting the training you need is easier than ever.
(Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)