If you are seeking to become a medical transcriptionist in the state of Illinois, now is the time to start exploring medical transcription schools in Illinois.
Medical transcriptionists work with clinics and hospitals, helping to keep patient files up to date. The medical transcriptionist uses audio recordings to create official medical documents, keeping information current for the physicians and nurse practitioners. Medical transcriptionists earn an annual medical transcription salary of around $34,510 on average.
See what Illinois medical transcription schools are available today to get started.
Medical Transcription Schools in Illinois (IL)
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
Keiser University eCampus Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online? Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
From admissions to faculty, our staff is dedicated to student care:
- One-class-at-a-time scheduling. Instead of juggling multiple assignments and exams, take one class for four weeks before moving on.
- Small classes with accessible staff and faculty that foster a student-centered learning community
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology and user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources that include information and access to all student services
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Military friendly. Keiser University offers scholarships to qualified veterans, active-duty military personnel and their dependents. Keiser is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant and approved for veterans training.
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and a valued choice for career-motivated students. Keiser University Online offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to its students and alumni. We research trends for growing fields and tailor our curriculum to prepare students for entry and advancement to rewarding careers.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
About Medical Transcription Schools in Illinois
Among other things, Illinois medical transcription schools teach you to transform recordings the doctor or other medical professional make into documents or patient records. Medical transcription training programs teach you a great deal about medical terminology, procedures, and treatments. Illinois medical transcription schools offer classes in grammar usage and the use of medical terminology. These schools teach you what the medical legal standards are and what requirements are needed for health records in the state.
(Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)