Medical transcription schools in Iowa offer career-related courses designed to prepare you to become a medical transcriptionist. With the proper education and training from one of the accredited medical transcription schools in Iowa, you will be able to get the start you need to have a fulfilling career this popular healthcare field.
See what medical transcription schools in Iowa are available near you today.
Medical Transcription Schools in Iowa (IA)
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
Keiser University eCampus Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online? Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
From admissions to faculty, our staff is dedicated to student care:
- One-class-at-a-time scheduling. Instead of juggling multiple assignments and exams, take one class for four weeks before moving on.
- Small classes with accessible staff and faculty that foster a student-centered learning community
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology and user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources that include information and access to all student services
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Military friendly. Keiser University offers scholarships to qualified veterans, active-duty military personnel and their dependents. Keiser is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant and approved for veterans training.
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and a valued choice for career-motivated students. Keiser University Online offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to its students and alumni. We research trends for growing fields and tailor our curriculum to prepare students for entry and advancement to rewarding careers.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
American InterContinental University
You’re serious about success. Especially when it comes to pursuing an associate, bachelors or master’s degree you need to move your career forward. AIU is the Serious U, and with your busy schedule, we understand that it’s hard work finding the time to work hard. At AIU you get pacing options that work around you and a 24/7 support system by phone, email or live chat. Our classes are taught by industry specialists who bring their real-world perspective to the classroom and will work with you one-on-one when you need it.
With AIU’s accredited personalized education, we give you customized course content that allows you to read, watch, or listen based on how you learn best. At AIU, the Serious U, you can get in, get moving, and get ahead.
- Powerful specialized curriculum
- More courses devoted to your field of interest, on average than at other similar schools
- Virtual Campus
- Study anywhere, anytime and the way you learn best.
- Credit for work and military experiences to fulfill degree requirements
- Cost and value
- Our tuition includes all required books, materials, and student fees
- No application cost
- AIU Milestone Grant rewards your success
Ultimate Medical Academy
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school-and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
About Medical Transcription in Iowa
Medical transcriptionists in Iowa create and maintain medical documents. The medical transcriptionist listens to and types information that is given by a physician via digital/audio recordings. They need to type this information using medical reference materials in printed and electronic form in order to get all the information necessary including terminology, names and medications.
Once the draft is completed, the document is then given to the originator for review. Once it’s approved it is then signed off to become a finished document as part of the patients file. Medical transcription requires a tireless eye (or ear) for detail, but it’s ultimately very rewarding.
The best way to start your career as an Iowan transcriptionist is by attending a medical transcription school in Iowa. Iowa City, IA has one of the highest concentration of medical transcriptionists in the country, and they earn an annual mean wage of roughly $33,080 placing it slightly above the state average income of $31,000 a year. In fact, the northeastern section of Iowa ranks as number one for the highest paying non-metropolitan area in the country where medical transcriptionists can earn an average of $45,360 a year. With this occupation, workers can either work full time, part time or be self employed.
(Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)