When you need quality medical transcription education, the medical transcription schools in New York are the perfect place to earn your degree. By enrolling in one of the medical transcription schools in New York, you will be right in the middle of a State with one of the highest numbers of medical transcription career opportunities. No matter which one of the medical transcription schools in New York you decide to attend, your medical transcription training will involve courses about medical terminology, anatomy, and hands on practice listening to and transcribing physician recordings.
There are both traditional and online medical transcription schools in New York available. Browse our list of programs below and decide which one is right for you.
Medical Transcription Schools in New York (NY)
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Elmira Business Institute
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
Advantages offered by Elmira Business Institute include:
- Financial aid available for those who qualify
- Accelerated, career-centered training in a wide range of industries
- Flexible scheduling
- Tuition planning
- Lifetime career assistance
- Two convenient campus locations
Complete one of EBI’s Certificate Programs:
- General Business
- General Office Assistant
- Small Business Management
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Medical Office Assistant
Earn your Associate Degree:
- Business Administration
- Office Technologies
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding and Reimbursement Specialist
EBI holds Accreditation through New York State Board of Regents, the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) and the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
EBI is proud to support our country’s veterans and has been approved for veterans benefits.
Keiser University eCampus Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
From admissions to faculty, our staff is dedicated to student care:
- One-class-at-a-time scheduling. Instead of juggling multiple assignments and exams, take one class for four weeks before moving on.
- Small classes with accessible staff and faculty that foster a student-centered learning community
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology and user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources that include information and access to all student services
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Military friendly. Keiser University offers scholarships to qualified veterans, active-duty military personnel and their dependents. Keiser is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant and is approved for veterans training.
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and a valued choice for career-motivated students. Keiser University Online offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to its students and alumni. We research trends for growing fields and tailor our curriculum to prepare students for entry and advancement to rewarding careers.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
Medical Transcriptionists in New York
In general, the medical transcription job description involves listening to physician recordings, transcribing them into patient records, and managing detailed medical files. With advances in technology, the role of the medical transcriptionist has changed in some regards. For example, sometimes computer software is used to transcribe recordings automatically. The transcriptionist steps in to proofread the transcription and make sure all information is accurate. At the medical transcription schools in New York, you will take courses to prepare yourself for these tasks and more.
After you earn your degree at one of the New York medical transcription schools, you will have a number of options regarding the kind of medical transcription job you want. For example, some transcriptionists work from home, while others work directly in hospitals or medical care centers. In addition, you may choose to work for a company that employs medical transcriptionists or become self-employed.
New York Medical Transcription Training
At the medical transcription schools in New York, you will receive a mix of coursework and hands on training to prepare you for your career. For example, you will spend time listening to actual physician recordings and practice transcribing them to improve your speed and accuracy. In addition, the medical transcription schools in New York offer a variety of classes including:
- Medical Terminology
- Healthcare Documentation
Beyond the training you receive at one of the medical transcription schools in New York, you may also decide to pursue a medical transcription certificate. Although not required to begin working, a certification in medical transcription can increase your employment opportunities and salary. The Association for Healthcare Documentation currently offers two different certification exams. More information about each, including the application process, can be found on their website.
New York Medical Transcription Salary
Currently, New York has the fifth highest number of medical transcriptionists in the country, with 3,900 transcriptionists working in the State. The average medical transcription salary for workers in New York is $34,850. This is on par, though slightly above, the national average. Depending on which one of the medical transcription schools in New York you enroll in, your program may have career resources to help you prepare your resume, practice for interviews, and more.
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.