About Medical Transcription Careers in Pennsylvania
With the continuing growth of the health care field and the aging of the Baby Boomer generation, there is an increasing need for many types of medical professionals. One of the prime growth segments is in medical transcription. Many educational institutions across Pennsylvania offer either a free-standing medical transcription program or a health care office administration degree that includes a concentration in medical transcription. Diplomas, certificates, and associate-arts degrees are the usual awards for graduates of a medical transcription school in Pennsylvania. Interested in exploring correspondence or online medical transcription school options?
Medical Transcription Schools in Pennsylvania
Elmira Business Institute
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high demand. Complete and submit the form, and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to you more.
Advantages offered by Elmira Business Institute include:
- Financial aid available for those who qualify
- Accelerated, career training in healthcare and business
- Day, evening, and weekend classes available
- Tuition planning
- Career placement assistance
- Two convenient campus locations
Complete one of EBI’s Certificate Programs:
- Medical Coding and Billing – Become a certified Professional Coder
Earn your Associate Degree:
- Medical Assistant – Become a certified Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Technologies – Become a certified Professional Coder
- Business Administration – Small Business Management
EBI holds Accreditation through the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) and the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
EBI is proud to support our country’s veterans and has been approved for veterans’ benefits.
Keiser University eCampus Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online? Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
From admissions to faculty, our staff is dedicated to student care:
- One-class-at-a-time scheduling. Instead of juggling multiple assignments and exams, take one class for four weeks before moving on.
- Small classes with accessible staff and faculty that foster a student-centered learning community
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology and user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources that include information and access to all student services
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Military friendly. Keiser University offers scholarships to qualified veterans, active-duty military personnel and their dependents. Keiser is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant and approved for veterans training.
We help you find your new career
Our Department of Student Services will support you in your job search and help you achieve your career goals with services including counseling, assisting you with resume preparation, building a cover letter, and developing your interviewing skills.
Although Keiser University provides placement assistance, we cannot promise or guarantee employment.
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and a valued choice for career-motivated students. Keiser University Online offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to its students and alumni. We research trends for growing fields and tailor our curriculum to prepare students for entry and advancement to rewarding careers.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
Financial Aid in Pennsylvania
Several of the above schools offer their own financial aid programs to students. Additionally, if a school participates in the U.S. military’s DANTES program, students are eligible for tuition reimbursement. Those students attending schools accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Universities will likely qualify for state and federal financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, scholarships, and work-study opportunities.
Medical Transcription Careers in Pennsylvania
Medical transcription is an ideal field for those who have strong computer skills and an interest in health care without serving directly in patient care.
Medical Transcription Salaries in Pennsylvania
Depending on the job venue, medical transcriptionists can earn an average of $34,560 a year. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.) Medical transcriptionists working from their homes often can command a higher hourly rate; this should be tempered with the realization that the self-employed pay for their own benefits and at a higher tax rate. Also see: