With a career in Medical Transcription, you will never have to worry about finding a job. People are living longer and doctors are performing more tests and procedures than ever. In Washington, Medical Transcriptionists are in high demand and doctors and hospitals are simply unable to keep up with the documentation. After graduating from a medical transcription school in Washington you may work for a hospital, hospice, or specialist.
Medical Transcription Salaries in Washington
Average earnings for Washington Medical Transcriptionists is about $36,710 per year. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.) Those with a few years of experience earn over $33,000 every year. Your earnings may vary depending on location, experience, and other factors.
Types of Medical Transcription Training and Schools
Medical Transcription schools in Washington offer a 1-year certificates or a 2-year Associates degree. You will learn how to use word processing and spreadsheet programs as well as a dictation machine and voice recognition software. You will learn to understand medical terminology and the disease process. You will also be taught editing, proofreading, and other essential skills to succeed in the Medical Transcription field. Many Medical Transcription schools have day, evening, or weekend classes to fit your schedule. Interested in exploring correspondence or online medical transcription school options?
Medical Transcription Schools in Washington
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
Keiser University eCampus Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online? Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
From admissions to faculty, our staff is dedicated to student care:
- One-class-at-a-time scheduling. Instead of juggling multiple assignments and exams, take one class for four weeks before moving on.
- Small classes with accessible staff and faculty that foster a student-centered learning community
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology and user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources that include information and access to all student services
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Military friendly. Keiser University offers scholarships to qualified veterans, active-duty military personnel and their dependents. Keiser is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant and approved for veterans training.
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and a valued choice for career-motivated students. Keiser University Online offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to its students and alumni. We research trends for growing fields and tailor our curriculum to prepare students for entry and advancement to rewarding careers.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
Financial Aid in Washington
Financial aid is available for accredited Medical Transcription training and schools located in the state of Washington. To receive financial aid, you will have to fill out the Federal Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA.) You may even qualify for a grant or scholarship. Unaccredited schools may offer flexible payment plans or their own private financial aid package for qualified students. Also see: