The right medical transcription training program can help you build a strong foundation of knowledge, skills and connections that can propel your career forward. See what medical transcription schools are available in your area.
Check out our step-by-step guide How to Become a Medical Transcriptionist!
Online schools and training programs for medical transcriptionists are a flexible, convenient option for students who have families, full-time jobs, military obligations or other time constraints.
The latest medical transcriptionist salary figures show 2012 annual salary and hourly wage statistics for each state, major cities, and nationwide.
Is Medical Transcription Training for You?
Medical transcription, the documentation of medical procedures using audio recordings, remains one of the most valuable, in-demand career paths in today’s healthcare system. Medical transcription schools can help prepare you to enter the healthcare industry, one of the fastest-growing industries in the US. Medical transcriptionists use audio recordings and typographical equipment to transcribe physician procedure notes into written documents, which become official medical records. Over 5,000 new medical transcriptionist jobs are expected to be created over the next several years, according to the US Department of Labor Statistics.
The best way to become a medical transcriptionist is to receive formal medical transcription training at an accredited medical transcription school, followed by optional certification. The goal of this website is to provide education and career-related information on medical transcription, including medical transcription training information, career details, information on medical transcription certification, and other useful facts and tips to help you research your medical transcription career.
Popular Medical Transcription Schools
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates On Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education, everyone can now get the education they need for the life they want. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why So Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- All learning materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster Career School offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School offers low tuition and customized payment plans with 0% interest.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- As soon as students enroll, they immediately have access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).